Friday, October 12, 2007

Reinstating the blog


I don't have time to blog...I really, really don't. As all my friends know, I don't even have time to answer emails. I don't even know if anyone really reads other people's blogs. Miriam has woken up from her nap and is crying in the other room, I have clothes strewn across the apartment because I woke up half and hour before I was supposed to be at a Bible study at church (YOU try showering, dressing, eating, changing the baby's diaper, feeding the baby, dressing the baby, washing spit-up off the baby's face, making sure there are diapers in the diaper bag, making sure there are extra clothes in the diaper bag in case the baby has explosive poop, making it down the treacherous apartment stairs with a baby and overloaded diaper bag, and getting the baby in the car seat in half an hour! I was only five minutes late to church...I'd say that's pretty good). I need to make dinner for tonight, I have a few errands to run, I need to fold clean diapers, do a few loads of laundry, finish cleaning the toilet that I began cleaning yesterday, etc, etc. I did want to be a housewife...

On top of blogging, I now hope add the ventures of WAHM to SAHM ("work-at-home mom" and "stay-at-home mom," to the uninitiated). I have to figure out a way to make money and not put Miriam into daycare by next August. My ideas so far have been: cake making, writing, and selling everything I own on ebay. I have tried to get into cake making, but I am just not motivated to practice. And since my last cake was really quite ugly, I haven't felt inspired to try again. My sister has an awesome idea for a children's book she wants me to help write and my stepbrother to illustrate, but as a I know absolutely nothing about writing for children, she might fire me. Selling everything I own on ebay would only last so long. My newest idea is making organic cotton diapers and nursing covers and selling them on the internet. I already know how to sew, so this would involve only finding a fabric supplier, experimenting with different fabrics, and learning the best way to sell them on the web. I could start with ebay and then try to sell to natural baby stores if I find that there is a market. If nothing else, at least I will know how to make my own diapers!

I'll try to update this blog frequently with the successes and failures of my upcoming business, with pictures of the cutest baby ever, and with whatever else I feel like at the time. So if you are one of those people that reads blogs, here begins the reinstatement of the blog.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Hey Daisy and Andrew!

I have your blog on my RSS reader, so it was cool seeing a new post!

Sounds like you're finding the real joy of being a stay at home mom, Daisy. I know it's gotta be frustrating, but stick with it! We have Ava and Mateo in pre-school a couple days a week, but we really feel blessed that Maria can stay home with the kiddos.

I'm sure you've figured it out, but keeping the house perfectly clean isn't usually a possibility, especially now that Miriam will be crawling around soon and getting into everything! Do your best, and remember that the only people who will look at a not-perfectly-clean house and judge you are the people who don't have kids!

Maria's been writing a blog, also, and this post and this post are along those same lines, especially the second one. Bottom line: enjoy the time with Miriam and let Andrew clean the bathroom! :)

Good luck with business opportunities!

Laura said...

Totally understand! Allyssa takes 3 naps each day for 30 min each, so I have a total of 1.5 hours to clean the house, clean the dishes (no dishwasher), do the laundry, post on my blog, and sew. David's blue stole is not even a 1/4 of the way done and he has to have it by Dec. 2nd. Ugh. Why did I choose such a hard design? On top of that my scrapbooking is a year and a half behind and we're remodeling the parsonage's master bath, removing wall paper and painting our bedroom. If my house were perfectly clean, I'd thank my mom for coming to visit! I hope you come up with a wonderful, profitable business!